5.2. Type 2 – Monolithic core¶
This bone type implements the design principle “Monolithic core”. The bone is designed as a solid aluminium profile with an end adaptor on each side of the bone.
5.2.1. Bone Variety 1 – T-slot profile¶
In this variant, a T-slot profile is used, enabling the easy fixation of design primitives or accessories on the MYO-Bone structure using nuts fitting in the T-slot.
D1 Width of the profile section
D2 Diameter of the centre hole
- The profile is standard aluminium T-slot profile with a square section. According to the shape of profile, it is possible to fix the muscle in any place along the profile.
- The profile has a high stiffness against torsion and bending.
- The channel in the centre of the profile can host the electric cables running through the bone. A hole must be drilled at the desired position to let the electrical cables in and out.
- The end adaptor is screwed to the aluminium profile using the four peripheral holes that can easily be threaded.
- The end adaptor has a central hole to let the electric cables run through it.
- The end adaptor has a screw pattern to attach one side of a SB.
Material and fabrication
|Element name||Material||Fabrication processes|
- Each adaptor implements one anchor point of type AF-SCX-T1-V1.
- Two adaptors are required to attach one MYO-Muscle.
- Each adaptor is attached with two screws on one of the four sides of the T-Slot profile.
- The pulley module includes a closed profile to keep the cable in place.
- The guide sleeve has a shape that aligns the cable. Additionally its supporting shaft has two ball bearings to minimize the friction.
- The pulley module is shaped to allow a fast attachment with one screw to the profile.
- The end of the tendon cable is secured with a pin that can be quickly mounted or unmounted.
- The construction includes two aluminium plates that can be easily exchanged to adjust the pin position with respect to the end of the MYO-Bone.
- The cable attachment is shaped to allow a fast attachment with two screws to the profile.